At every party, nothing gets people more excited than when the appetizers come out. This is especially true with cocktail meatballs. The moment these juicy and delectable treats roll out, they’re gone in an instant.
Cocktail meatballs are incredibly versatile, and you don’t have to stick to the usual sweet and sour sauce. There are other ways you can spice up this finger food that’ll keep your guests bouncing back to the appetizer table for more.
Here’s a fun and irresistible meatball recipe you can try if you found some frozen meatballs on sale handy:
Apple Butter Brandy Cocktail Meatballs
Apple butter is a favorite for sweet recipes. Some people even like to spread it on toast or bake it with bread. But, it’s versatile enough to go well with savory dishes. Infusing cocktail meatballs with this rich ingredient, a dash of brandy, and some fresh spices will make this delightful treat the life of the party.
This dish has 2 main components: the meatballs and sauce. First, you need to gather all ingredients for both elements.
For the meatballs:
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 lb ground pork
- 1/2 cup finely minced onion
- 1 cup bread crumbs
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 2-3 tbsp finely minced fresh sage
For the sauce:
- 1 and 2/3 cups apple butter
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup brandy
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp brown sugar (optional)
- 4 tbsp chili sauce
Once you’ve gathered all the ingredients, proceed with these steps:
- Preheat your oven to 350F.
- Mix all the meatball ingredients. You can use an electric mixer to make sure everything is thoroughly combined.
- Start shaping rounds of meatballs. Make them as big or small as you like.
- Once you’re done, bake them in the oven for 10-12 minutes.
- To make the sauce, combine all the ingredients in a large pot and place it on the stove with medium heat.
- Stir up the ingredients until the sauce comes to a boil. Give it a taste and adjust it depending on your preference.
- Once you’re satisfied with the flavor, add the meatballs into the pot. Cover it and let the food simmer for a couple of minutes.
Afterward, you can serve them up for your guests to enjoy. Place a toothpick in each meatball to make it easier to get. But, remember that this recipe isn’t suitable for children because of the brandy. Even though most of it will cook off, its flavor will still be present.
This quick, simple, and absolutely delicious recipe is bound to keep your party ballin’ all night. Best of all, you can use frozen meatballs, and it’ll be just as tasty.